Which Furey are you?

So, I’ve been working on a book. For over a year now, usually on or waiting for flights or while the kids are at music, I’ve been typing away at this story. It began as a recollection of how Team Broken Earth started after the earthquake in Haiti in 2010. How this Newfoundland and Labrador charity has grown from three of us to well over a thousand volunteers from three countries. It’s been an emotional trip recalling all the pitfalls and little victories over the years. But there was also another unintended consequence that came from the writing.

Thinking about this journey has made me look closer at who I am, closer still at where I’m from. Physically. Spiritually. How it’s influenced me in every decision I’ve made. How much of it is who I am. Sure, I’m a proud Canadian but I usually will say I’m an NLer first when asked, purely out of habit. Newfoundland and Labrador is very much my heart.

As far as I’ve travelled in the world, there is no better feeling than making that last descent into the YYT airport. Coming in over the southside hills and the harbour. Or the approach over the White Hills where you see that massive rock wall jetting out of the angry Atlantic. Or in over Conception Bay, past Bell Island. Every time is like the first time seeing it. The lights sporadically clustered in tiny coves. The ribbon of orange lamps rolling along the Harbour arterial. It’s hypnotizing to me. Night flights are especially wonderous. I love seeing the communities in coastal inlets or at the edge of some long arm of land. It may make others feel isolated. Not me. I know the warm hearts beating in all of those places. That the good people there would drop whatever they were doing if you needed help (think of Lanier Phillips and the wreck of the USS Truxtun). That, no matter what, they look for the good in everything and everyone.

Arrivals are special here. The hugs go longer. No one can stand still as they anxiously await a loved one to appear. Allison took one of my favourite photos here. I was flying back from my first medical mission to Bangladesh. The photo is of my youngest, Mark. He was maybe 4 years old at the time. He’s sitting crossed-legs on the floor. Head in hands, looking at the escalator, waiting for me to arrive. Coming home is equal parts of the place you love and people you never want to leave again.

I’ve been fortunate enough to travel extensively through our province. When I was younger, it was with dad and my uncle while they were on the campaign trail. That’s probably why Allision and I love loading up the car with kids and exploring. Here, the journey is often the most fun part of the destination (stopping at Joey’s Look Out or a local convenience store where you’re lucky enough to still find homemade bread). I’ve completed medical work in Labrador and have a special place in my heart for the big land. In my clinics, I’ve met people from every corner and craggy cove, from Cartwright to Trepassey. I always enjoy appointments that start with a quick investigation into the question of “so which Furey are you?”

Yes, this place is my heart and I care deeply as to what’s happening here and where things are going. I worry as much as the next person about the economic storms we’ve faced and the ones we have ahead. It’s in these moments, I not only see the faces of my children but of every person across the province as well. The uncertainness is like an unknown infection and the diagnosis is not clear. That weighs on me as I’m sure it does you.

With premier Ball’s announcement last week, there has been a lot of discussions and conversations as to what will happen next. Who will step up? The media has speculated many names, including mine. It’s a lot to consider. It’s a huge responsibility for anyone to take on. We need someone who will put worried minds at ease but clearly find that direction onward. Allison and I have spent the last week discussing this next step. We both feel that public service is important. We both feel a strong sense of commitment and love for Newfoundland and Labrador. And we both want our kids and others just like them around the province to feel that they have opportunities here at home.

Which Furey am I?  I can tell you this: I’m the one who will always stand out front for this place. I have always been compelled to take action when I have felt there is a need. So far in my life, that has taken me to some far-reaching places in the world. Today I am focused on what is needed here at home. As Nan would say, put the kettle on. There is a lot to think about and it is going to be a busy week.

Best,

Andrew

88 Responses to “Which Furey are you?”

February 27 at 4:00 pm, Tina Noftall said:

Thank you for your awesome work you and your team touched alot of people. ❤

February 28 at 12:56 pm, Clara said:

Congratulations on your outstanding work all over the world!
The new Liberal leader needs someone who is fearless with regard to our financial crisis.I hope you do decide to give it a go.
God Bless you and your family as you make this decision.

February 27 at 4:02 pm, Tina Noftall said:

Thank you for the awesome work you and your team have done you guys have touch alot of people. ❤💜

March 4 at 7:38 pm, andrew said:

Thank you, Tina!

February 27 at 4:04 pm, Colleen said:

Wonderful words. The province would be lucky to have you at the helm. Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

February 27 at 4:06 pm, Joanne (Jo). Picco said:

You should go for it Andrew. You would be a great and Fair Leader Good Luck. Whatever you do. Your family is growing quickly I would definitely vote for you.

February 29 at 1:27 am, Mary Howlett said:

Very nice honest comments.
Lovely Family man and Dr. Love your little story

February 27 at 4:15 pm, Cathy O’Keefe said:

We need someone like you. Committed to our place! And from another old saying, it’s in your blood!

February 27 at 4:17 pm, Donna Marshall said:

It’s your time. The province needs you but it will be a great loss to Broken Earth

February 27 at 4:26 pm, Heber sturge . said:

You are the man we want in there …young with new and good ideas…new planning….go for it buddy.

February 27 at 4:36 pm, Brendan Collins. said:

Yes Andrew I believe you would be great for this province. I remember you as a good student from gonzaga.

February 27 at 4:37 pm, Peter whittle said:

Andrew, our province needs you. I hope that you will be able to put you’re commitment, energy, passion and humanity towards the needs here at home. I know it is a lot to ask of you. The role is often thankless, the hours are long, expectations are high, the sacrifices are many. Consider your province a very sick patient that needs you and a team of specialists to bring it around. Kristine and I would love to assist you. Aidan says you are pretty cool on the door steps!

February 27 at 4:49 pm, Lilmyrden said:

You are definitely the man Newfounlanders need as our Premier!

February 27 at 4:50 pm, Mark g Bradbury said:

Hi Andrew. I appreciate your comments, but might I suggest that we need to devise a long term strategy and plan to take us out of the financial hole we are in. We need to think outside the box on this. The challenges are too big for mere cuts in government spending. We will need to be more creative and imaginitive than that. No suggestion should be considered too outrageous until subjected to due examination. Yes government spending has got to be a consideration, but I question the value of indiscriminate budget cuts. Instead we should be asking, where could we be spending smarter? Nor can we ignore the revenue side of the equation…but i am not just talking taxes. What services are being provided by government and their agencies that are underpriced? Also, should we have legislated spending limits tied to say our GDP? Finally I wish to point out that perhaps the Province’s creditors have a role to play here as well. Just some things to be thinking about from a strategic perspective. Finally, we will need someone with the courage and intestinal fortitude to follow thru on that strategy in the face of what will likely be almost demonic opposition from anyone who is adversely affected by it. This of course has political implications, which to some degree has been a contributor to our current financial predicament. The four year election window and the short term thinking it fosters is not helpful. This is not about us…it is about our children and our children’s children.

February 28 at 1:35 am, Genevieve Kennedy said:

Your words about NLs future are true. Our concern is for our children and future generations. This province has been gutted by greed of our elected people and Big Business. It will take a lot of energy and strength to stand up for honesty integrity and the common working man. I am concerned about Andrew because He is honest hardworking and has a ton of empathy in his soul. Politics is a rotten job and changing that into a positive will zap any soul. Andrew is pure and dedicated and deeply committed to any cause he takes on. I pray to God he thinks and ponders a lot before he places that hat on his head. God Bless You Andrew Furey.

February 27 at 5:14 pm, Elizabeth MacDonald said:

Dr. Furey I think you should do what is best for you and your family it would be awful to loss a good doctor like yourself

February 27 at 5:26 pm, Carole Janes said:

Sounds like a good idea…A man with vision & a love of humanity & Nl…Go for it…Good Luck!!!

February 27 at 5:45 pm, Geoff Butler said:

Right on. NL needs a man like you at this pivotal time.

February 27 at 5:50 pm, Fred Thompson said:

I strongly believe you are doing more for man kind with TBE than you will ever do in politics. Politics is a thankless job.
The above is only my personal option and I am sure you will receive many personal options from others. I totally support you & your family on whichever road you chose.

February 27 at 5:53 pm, Glenn Thorne said:

Andrew this is a lovely blog and a great read. As a person who worked incredibly hard to get dwight ball elected and now feels completely disappointed with his performance on many levels, here quickly are my thoughts

If you really are ready to do the needful for the long term benefit of the province…. if you are strong and confident enough to not be managed upwards and sideways by the bureaucrats and your handlers… if you understand that many will never appreciate that you are acting in their best interests regardless of what you say or do… then GO FOR IT. Otherwise you are better off continuing and building on the work you are now doing. You can be proud of that for sure. But please do not be another weak, kick the can down the road leader. We just can’t bear it. Good luck to you!

February 27 at 5:57 pm, J. said:

It would be a pleasure to call you, Dr. Andrew Furey, the premier of our beloved province. While we do not know each other personally, I’ve admired your work from afar. Like many NLers, I’ve had the privilege to hear you speak about Team Broken Earth – Inspiring! You have already established your leadership skills. 🙂

As a former [recently retired], Provincial Director of Learning, leading the work on The Way Forward in Education, I cannot think of a better person to lead this most important work. Go for it!

February 27 at 5:58 pm, Brenda Parsons said:

Your grandmother/my aunt is beaming in Heaven today as she watches all that you have done & all you can do in your wonderful life!! Best wishes for success in whatever you do!

February 27 at 6:20 pm, Nancy Taylor said:

Your commitment to helping others is phenomenal . Our province would be lucky to have you .

February 27 at 6:37 pm, Sean Molloy said:

Do what you feel is best for you and your family, but if you decide to run, I will do anything I can to help you out. Our province and country have never been in as dire need of strong honest leadership as we are now. I think your decision to run will bring strong like-minded candidates to the race as well.

February 27 at 6:42 pm, sadie perry said:

again i will wish you luck

February 27 at 6:45 pm, Harold said:

A good choice for Premier!

February 27 at 6:50 pm, Blanche Bennett said:

Whichever Furey you are, I like what I read & hear about you. We need young blood & I do believe you are it

February 27 at 6:57 pm, Carl Slaney said:

You are the right kinda Furey for this time in NL. New blood and new thoughts are required. I hope and pray you are in but only in the case where you decide it is in the best interest of the Furey Family and your NL Family. Good luck with the decision making week. Enjoy the tea.

February 27 at 7:09 pm, David Soucy said:

There’s a big difference between hard decisions and popular decisions. If you are prepared to take action to right the ship then please put your name forward. If you just want to be popular please don’t.

February 27 at 7:12 pm, Joy Byrde said:

Thank you Dr Andrew Furey – think we all feel we know what kind of person you are – even those who have never met you … you are one of those good ,dedicated,kind ,caring & proud Newfies & the rest of us are proud of you too & will support you in whatever decision you make going forward ~ Best of life’s blessings as you contemplate your future & how you might lead us to a better / brighter tomorrow 😘

February 27 at 7:17 pm, Linda MacPherson said:

If you and your family decide to take in the future of our province I will certainly be there to support you ! Thank you for your service .

February 27 at 7:33 pm, A fan said:

I have a lot of respect for your work as a surgeon, but being a politician is different work. Think carefully about this next step and ask “should I do this just because my family did? Would I truly be deserving or would it be simple because if my name?” Force the Liberals into a true leadership contest. Don’t accept a coronation. Best of luck to you.

February 27 at 7:35 pm, Beth Maddigan said:

I have watched and admired from afar your work with Team Broken Earth. Your abilities as a surgeon are the only reason I can walk, unaided, down the street. To leave those extraordinarily worthwhile pursuits to enter political life in this province would be a great sacrifice. But it is one I hope you make because Newfoundland and Labrador needs someone who understands how to lead by example, someone with integrity, and someone who is more interested in people and relationships than power and legacy. All the best to you and your family as you consider this unexpected path.

February 27 at 7:43 pm, Arlene Scott said:

Andrew…. thoughts and prayers are with you as you and Allison make this difficult decision. I think our province would be very well served with you at the helm …. your personality….. your professional expertise……your world vision …all qualities we so desperately need at this very turbulent tome in our history.

February 27 at 8:16 pm, Ed Short said:

Andrew and Allison I know it’s a big step and a huge personal sacrifice. This province needs Andrew.

February 27 at 8:37 pm, TERRY Suley said:

You would be a the best thing that has happened in politics. Some one with heart for your fellow man and woman kind .X marks the spot . !!

February 27 at 8:27 pm, Charlie Dillon said:

The province is your waiting room, Dr. Furey, and it’s filled with people waiting to see you! No second opinion needed!

February 27 at 8:46 pm, M French said:

I will say but one thing. For every thing to which you say yes, you say no to something else. Weigh your options carefully. Be sure in your choice here

February 27 at 8:50 pm, susan Sweeney said:

Go for it Andrew .. no one better!!

February 27 at 9:34 pm, sheila miller said:

I think you would make a great Premier however as you stated it is a big step. Do what is best for you and your family as they are what is most important.

February 27 at 9:38 pm, Trevor Fiander said:

Nice one! Good luck man.

February 27 at 10:00 pm, Walter Murray said:

Loved your write up! Our province needs new and young blood just like you. Go for it man, you will make a great politician!

February 27 at 10:06 pm, margaret said:

Andrew, follow your heart ; And you will do whats best ! You would make a great Premier .

February 27 at 10:06 pm, Donna Adams said:

God bless and good luck!

February 27 at 10:08 pm, margaret pynn said:

Andrew ,follow your heart ; And you will do what’s best !!

February 27 at 10:13 pm, margaret pynn said:

Follow your heart Andrew ; And you will do what’s right !!
You would make a great Premier

February 27 at 10:22 pm, K. Hanlon said:

As your patient for more than 10 years, I have seen the kind and compassionate person that quietly shakes the hand of all. If I were thinking only about myself I would say; no don’t go, we need you, your expert hands are needed in the OR, and I personally sit waiting on the list. But I too love this province and have been that child in the back seat poking around those outport communities. I am still that child poking around our beautiful province, approaching every place with wonder and awe as I see it through the eyes of my own family. We have had conversations in clinic about the journeys of Newfoundland and we both agree that this is a special place. If there is anyone that can help this province gain strenght again, I know it’s you. As much as I would prefer to he your patient and as I await your expert hands in the OR, I also feel comfort and safety to place our home in your hands. I support whatever you choose, either way ~ we win.

February 29 at 1:50 am, Mary Quirke said:

The call for you is a huge decision, no matter what the choice you make, it will be greatly worth it,either staying as Dr.or choosing to run for Premier. You are such a great guy,will never forget you for all the good work you do for your patients .

February 27 at 10:28 pm, Jean Ellis said:

Sounds to me like you have had a calling.Giving up all your good work as an Orthopedic Surgeon and your Haiti Mission will be difficult to do I’m sure but I think Newfoundland at this time is in desperate need for a man like you.Wishing you all the best whatever you decide.

February 27 at 10:57 pm, Bob Regular said:

Andrew, your personal achievements and contributions to improving the circumstances and lives of many so far, are commendable. Pursuing a challenge to govern NL at a time when the future, when measured by our past, is bleak, is “nothing to be sneezed at” and is something you must really want for one reason only, which is, you truly believe that this contribution, like the others, will be “life changing” for many.

February 27 at 10:58 pm, Maureen said:

Go for it, Andrew. You have the guts, and the determination to do this. You have the ability to think, while under pressure, and you have relatives who you can bounce ideas off.
However, you’re gonna need the hide of a Rhinoceros, because you know what you’re going to face. If you thought the OR had headstrong personalities, with egos to match, you ain’t seen nuttin yet, as the saying goes.

February 27 at 11:22 pm, Cyndy Stead said:

Indeed much discussion is needed for you and your family and that you will continue to be a success. I believe the province would be well served with you in the mix.

February 27 at 11:50 pm, Wendell and Myra Moore said:

We are delighted to hear of your interest in the leadership of our province and are certain you will bring the same compassionate and responsible and organizational abilities to this difficult challenge,as you have amply demonstrated in achieving excellence in other endeavours

February 28 at 12:05 am, Jess said:

Newfoundlanders have a tendency to elect those who have been successful financially in other businesses and assume that means they will make the province rich. That has not gone well for us, ever. I’m very interested in having you as a contender but if you decide to run it would be excellent to have some insight into your economic knowledge and plans! All the best!

February 28 at 12:49 am, Michael and Louise Phelan said:

Dr.Furey, We have only met you once personally, but have followed your amazing career helping those in need of medical assistance in many places.
We believe you would make an amazing leader for great Newfoundland and Labrador

February 28 at 2:06 am, Deborah said:

A great example of how one person can change the world. I hope politics doesn’t corrupt your good work.

February 28 at 3:03 am, Marie Furey Power said:

What you decide to do I will certainly agree with . Patients will miss your excellent work but I think you will also be a great premier. You are a second cousin of mine.

February 28 at 3:19 am, Don White said:

Dr. Furey, I have no doubt that you are up for this challenge. I have watched and noted your work with TBE and wish you continued success whatever your decision is. With you all the way! Wishing you and your family well. God bless.

February 28 at 8:01 am, Kevin Walsh said:

Dr Furey,
I remember when my son Shane broke his leg off below the knee and we brought him to the HSC and after a day or two he had to go for surgery and I went with him as far as I could go to the OR.
Standing there with him as he lay on a stretcher all ready to have his leg fixed when this young guy walks in and says hello to both of us! I said, can I ask who you are? He replied, I’m the surgeon who’s going to fix your sons leg!
I replied, looking kinda stund at him!
Your only a young guy, I said, your not a surgeon!
He held out his hand to shake mine and said , I’m Dr Andrew Furey and I am the surgeon who will fix Shane’s leg!
He asked where we were from and I said Calvert…he replied, I just fixed a crushed ankle from someone from your area!
I was taken aback as the doctor looked so young!
Dr Furey, I have looked up to you ever since and my son Shane’s leg is perfect and stronger than the other one as he had many follow up appointments with you after the surgery and you always reassured him!
Thank you very much for looking after my son and thanks as well for all you have done and continue to do!
Regards
Kevin Walsh

February 28 at 1:40 pm, Angela Doyle said:

Enjoyed reading your words. You really should write a book. Obviously you’d be missed as a surgeon but delighted you’re considering politics and wish you all the best whatever you decide.

February 28 at 1:48 pm, Peter Barbour said:

Go for it Andrew

February 28 at 2:57 pm, Bern Billard said:

All the BEST.

February 28 at 3:03 pm, Bern said:

Your compassion and dedication
is paramount.Good luck.!

February 28 at 3:17 pm, Jim Hickey said:

Dr Furey
I hope you go for it. We need someone like you right now. My family
And I would support you 100%.
It’s in your blood !

February 28 at 3:26 pm, Nathalie Vanasse said:

What a great post, if you decide to go for it, I would miss you as my Dr (orthopedic surgeons are not plentiful LOL) but I think you might be on to something here. You and your family need to make this decision together and I wish you luck with that.

February 28 at 3:41 pm, Patrick Furey said:

Great words.

February 28 at 3:43 pm, Ethel Frampton said:

Thank You for all you have done for so many. I think you are certainly the person for our Next Premier..In your Family picture I see so much Love. You all have so much to give. God Bless you as you all as you make your decision.

February 28 at 4:33 pm, Gerald Cantwell said:

Andrew, I feel sure that whatever decision you make will be the right one. Past decisions have taken you away from your family many times and for extended periods. As the old saying goes :absence makes the heart grow fonder: and I feel sure you ave experienced this. Should you run for leader of the Liberal Party, I hope you will not completely forget about Broken Earth. Nothing can be as rewarding, in my opinion, as helping others especially those who need help so much and not expecting anything in return. Helping others and not expecting anything in return is a sign of genuine caring and love. I hope that whatever decision you will make will fulfill your need to help others. Good Luck as you weigh your options.

February 28 at 5:02 pm, Diane Morgan said:

Thank you for your kind words and good luck in whatever it is you decide to do, but the province certainly needs someone like you. 🙂

February 28 at 6:37 pm, Betty Barron said:

Dr. Furey. The news that you are considering a run for the office of premier of our province brings a ray of light to a dark, uncertain future, that most Nlers are very fearful of. And for good reason! For too long we have been lacking in dedicated, strong leaders committed to the future welfare of our province. This lack of firm commitment and resolution finds us on the brink of bankruptcy. We are indeed in desperate straits and sorely in need of a leader whose unenviable job is to lead us out of this morass. Your reputation as a renowned physician and your dedication to the needy, as well as your love for our province makes you an ideal candidate for the premiership of our Newfoundland and Labrador. If you decide to take on this onerous task you will ring in a new day and a promising future to our beloved province.

February 28 at 7:01 pm, Shelly said:

Nicely Said! I look forward to putting my “check mark” next to your name.

February 29 at 12:12 am, Susan Rose said:

Humanitarian Respectful Passionate Courageous a person who would Always do the right thing! Believes family comes first which is the foundation for a child’s success And like my parents you both Love your children unconditionally!
Your love for our beautiful gem in the North Atlantic resonates with me.
It would be an honor to support you!

February 29 at 3:18 pm, Alanna Downton said:

Everything you have done, and that’s a lot, you’ve done extremely well. I’m sure that will continue regardless of what decision you make. All the best to you and your wonderful family as you consider taking another huge step in public service.

February 29 at 3:38 pm, CA said:

Andrew, go with your GUT — it has to feel right — You’re still a youngster — there will be other opportunities.

February 29 at 4:45 pm, Bob Kennedy said:

My very best wishes for your success on this accepting this critical challenge at this time.

For you, you are about to cross the Rubicon, and once crossed do business differently with the public. They are finally ready to face reality —- and certainly need to do so.

If I can be of any help or assistance, just reach out,

Bob Kennedy

February 29 at 5:56 pm, Genevieve Kennedy said:

Dear Andrew, I will support “YOU.” I am very concerned though because you are a kind, considerate and hard working man who gives all to a commitment. You have a lot of empathy for your fellowman and a great love for home. Politics is a dirty job. This province is in a huge mess because of greed, cronyism, undisciplined people who do not believe in consequences for their offensive actions. It will wear you to the bone to turn the mess around and make the situation respectful and honest. I realize, You are not a stranger to politics. You are just so respected and loved for your humanitarianism and yourself as a whole, I hope you do not get lost in the horribleness of it all. Then again, YOUR SUN shines so bright your strength can change us for a positive path forward. Sincere warm wishes

February 29 at 7:09 pm, Jayne Flynn said:

Your family have my utmost respect and support!

February 29 at 9:47 pm, Brian Bursey said:

Andrew…….you have done so much good for so many and will continue to do so.You have shown tremendous concern for others and provided new life opportunities for so many. Such characteristics make you a most worthy person to enter political life at this time as a proven leader in your work to selflessly help so many others .Your record speaks for itself…….I wish you all the best,Andrew……..

March 1 at 2:07 am, B. Bartlett said:

I was a patient of yours back around ten years ago. You replaced my shoulder. I too remember saying to you. “You are too young to be a doctor” you looked to me as if you just finished high school. You told me, you were married and had 3 children. I could not believe it. I said, well I will have to put my trust in you. When I was going into the OR, you said jokingly. ” you are my first patient”.you didn’t let me down. I have been following you ever since. I am not surprised that you are writing a book, as I read all your blogs and have thought to myself, wow this man has many talents, he should write a book. You are a very honest, compassionate and caring man and would certainly make a great leader of our province. I wish you luck in what ever route you decide to take. Just promise you won’t change from who you are today. Think long and hard on this and you have my support either way and I will be first in line when your book is published. Good Luck to you and your beautiful family.

March 1 at 2:07 am, Jim Mccarthy said:

Great job, our province needs some one like , Good Luck….

March 1 at 3:51 pm, Dorothy Corrigan said:

Doctor Furey, I trust your ability to do the colossal job facing any leader in NL today. Listen to that Voice within, trust your gut feeling, and choose for you and your family. Every blessing!

March 3 at 3:57 pm, Mona morrow said:

Is attendance at your announcement at the Alt hotel by invitation only? I would love to be there and support Dr. Furey

March 1 at 6:10 pm, Ann Mason said:

Andrew, we would love for you to be the premier of Newfoundland and Labrador. You would make a great leader.
Ann Mason

March 1 at 8:05 pm, Mona (Dillon) Morrow said:

Would love to be part of your campaign if we are fortunate enough to have you run for the leadership. Spent 14 years on the Provincial Executive, organized conventions, chaired conventions, fundraising booklet chair, not to mention other riding & district activities. Knew your Dad well! We need you!!!!!!

March 2 at 4:33 pm, Paul Campbell said:

Reading this makes me want to move home just so I can vote for you! You’re a credit to your parents as well as to your province the people of Newfoundland would be lucky to have you as the next Premier of the province!

March 3 at 2:59 am, Andrew Keough said:

Dr. Furey , hope you consider running to be the leader of the NL Liberals . It will be quite a challenge to get us on the right path but we desperately need a path forward .

March 3 at 7:17 pm, Ron Smith said:

Hi Dr. Furey
Thank You for the great work you did on My Son Roger’s Leg. We expected to have it amputated, however you worked a miracle. I wish you well with your direction in life.

March 4 at 10:18 am, Sarah Sheppard said:

There is no one else in this province who can do this job like you. All the positive changes you have made in other countries is just a glimpse into the difference you will make in ours!! Go Team Furey!! You got this!!