I want everyone to believe in solutions. To believe that anything that can be broken can be fixed.Dr. Furey
“People, motivated and energized people, are the most powerful agents of change.” Communicating a message of hope and empowerment is incredibly important to Dr. Andrew Furey. He has travelled the world to inspire people young and old, and to advocate for improved medical care and quality of life in the most desperate communities.
His experiences with Team Broken Earth give Dr. Furey a unique and informed perspective on what it takes to make a lasting impact on the lives of others. His accomplished medical career adds legitimacy to everything he speaks. The masses of people he has inspired to happily give their time and talents in the most difficult circumstances, is nothing short of incredible.
Moving stories of hard work, heartbreak, and immeasurable personal fulfillment, all framed with an optimistic outlook towards our great potential makes Dr. Andrew Furey an engaging speaker for any event.
Recent speaking events:
- St. John’s Board of Trade (St. John’s, NL): Disruption and Corporate Culture. Feb 9, 2017.
- Banff Forum (St. John’s, NL): Team Broken Earth: The Little NGO that Could. Jan 18, 2017.
- Panel on Immigration (St. John’s, NL): MUN Young Liberals. Jan 19, 2017.
- St. Anthony Chamber of Commerce (St. Anthony, NL): Team Broken Earth: A Newfoundland NGO. Dec 14, 2016.
- University of Massachusetts (Worcester, Mass): Nov 2, 2016.
- McGill University (Montreal, QC): Team Broken Earth: A Canadian NGO. Sept 29, 2016.
- Canadian Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting (Quebec City, QC): June 30, 2016.
- Canadian Bethune Round Table (Halifax, NS): Team Broken Earth: Evolution of an NGO. June 4, 2016.
- Canadian Senate (Ottawa, ON): Canadian Cooperation in Haiti. April 11, 2016.
- Oxford Graduation Ceremony (Oxford, England): Speech at the Sheldonian Theatre. Oct 3, 2015.